BBR Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:11:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ROACH DH SHINGUARDS  (Read 2001 times)
Kevin

WWW Email
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:14:16 AM »

THE ROACH DH SHINGUARD AND THE FR TOO.
THE DH THE BACK IS CLOSED THE FR THE BACK IS OPEN WITH STRAPS ACCROSS.

KERS ONE  CTB  TPA   BUSHWICK
iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 11:52:26 AM »

Roach pads are great. I would suggest washing them before for the first time, since they're stiff out of the bag. The first time I wore them I had a rug-burn effect above my knees, before after while and washing them that stopped. The first thing you will start to notice in comparison to other shin guards is that pads don’t touch your legs except for above knee, around the ankle and along the calf. The second thing you will notice especially if you're wearing shorts is the airflow hitting your shins, since the front have tons of ventilation. The six-strap system is something to get use to. There are three short Velcro straps one around the calf as most shin guard has. But there are three straps for the knees. The one strap behind the knee as normal and the other two wrap fully around the knee. When you finish putting them on is when you start to notice the difference between these and regular pads. As I mentioned already the air flowing around the legs and the fact the feel more secure on your legs without killing blood circulation. The drawback about these pads is the sticker price and the fact if they're never in stock since there's a high demand for them...

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

KonaBoY

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 03:37:12 PM »

So, which ones do you use Kevin? DH or FR? Does it cover your knees good?

I think I saw Iggy with FR ones. How is the knee protection?

Knees worry me the most, since I fell I Mnt Creek and f*(ked up my knee... now it hurts when the weather is too cold or when I slightly bump into something with it.

Thanks yous.

Sneaky Motherlandian bastard![/size]
iamcameraman

Dirtrock01
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 08:23:59 PM »

i wore the DH versions this season. i think the wrap around protection is worth the extra $$$ since it did protect the back of my leg from getting ripped up by the pedals. as for knee protection, i was recently riding in vanny, hit a jump and landed hard on my bad knee. at first, it hurt from the shock it got, but then, the pain was gone. all i can say is that if i hadent of worn these guards, it could of been much worse. they do thier job, they do it well, and they never get hot + they never move from place....if your worried about your knee(s), these pads will certainly protect you during falls and let you keep riding, even if it does take an extra 30 seconds to get them on.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 01:33:26 AM by TireSnag » Logged

iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 10:14:42 PM »

the knees are good, they actually come up a bit higher, so the protection is there...

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

KonaBoY

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 11:30:28 PM »

Alright, thanks yous guys. I wll definitely lookat them as my first pick when I buy a new pair for Dhing , in a couple of years that is.

Sneaky Motherlandian bastard![/size]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: