BBR Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:21:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 661 Pro DJ Knee  (Read 2711 times)
Andre

Roostin'

« on: November 03, 2004, 09:05:14 PM »

I bought a pair of small 661 pro knee guards a couple weeks ago from Go-Ride.com for $18. They're great; plenty of protection, they never slip, it's so comfortable I forget I have it on, and they even protect the upper part of my shin.

The bad: they're a lil bulky, warm, and not machine washable.

If you ('re skinny and) want some good knee pads Go-Ride has (only) small sizes for $18.

I was watching NWD4 today, and I noticed Gracia was wearing them in his 4X shots. Check'em out.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 09:16:16 PM by Reidling » Logged

KonaBoY

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 09:25:56 PM »

How tall are you? Im 6'3" and everything i try is too small for me cuz I have extra long shins. Thats the reason I keep in hurting my right knee. They slip off cuz there is like 5 inches of space on the bottom when i put them on the right way.

Sneaky Motherlandian bastard![/size]
iamcameraman

Dirtrock01
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 09:38:08 PM »

How tall are you? Im 6'3" and everything i try is too small for me cuz I have extra long shins. Thats the reason I keep in hurting my right knee. They slip off cuz there is like 5 inches of space on the bottom when i put them on the right way.
did you try the roach gards? they are pretty good for tall riders if you buy the larger sizes cuase they are indeed longer then normal pads, plus, they never slip.. i use (if anyone noticed) the roach rally DH...really great pads.

KonaBoY

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 09:42:09 PM »

Thanks, I will definitely check them out.
661 makes some nice guards too.

Andre

Roostin'

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 11:24:20 PM »

I'm 5' 9". it's not a shinguard so your hight shouldn't matter.
The top strap is a lil short, so if your leg is more than 15" - 16" (around), at 3" above your kneecap, the small won't fit you.

They look like this without the "SIXISIXON..."

...everything i try is too small for me cuz I have extra long shins...
You should try this (if it fits), plus a seperate shin guard.

I had the same problem too. I'm skinny, & average height, but my legs are long.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 11:38:39 PM by Reidling » Logged

MeanMachine

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 02:32:58 AM »

Konaboy,
as you know, I'm not very tall, but by my Dainese knee/shin guards keep slipping too, so I think it's an inherent problem with one peice knee/shin guards.
Here's what helped me - 661 padlock knee wraps.
It's basically stretchy tube-shaped piece of cloth. You put them around your knees on top of your knee/shin guards and they keep them in place. Works pretty well. A little pricey what they are, but hey better than bruised knees.
I got small/medium size even though my thighs and knees are pretty thick - don't know if Large size whold have been as effective.
EVILFRENCHY

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 04:39:59 AM »

troy lee combat shin guards are the shiatz.....cheap as b...s....way to go!
iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 09:16:06 AM »

Konaboy,
as you know, I'm not very tall, but by my Dainese knee/shin guards keep slipping too, so I think it's an inherent problem with one peice knee/shin guards.
It's basically stretchy tube-shaped piece of cloth. You put them around your knees on top of your knee/shin guards and they keep them in place. Works pretty well. A little pricey what they are, but hey better than bruised knees.
I got small/medium size even though my thighs and knees are pretty thick - don't know if Large size whold have been as effective.
I have the same problem with pads slipping. I what I did was wear a pair of knee braces, which gave something for the pads to grab on to. And also the added benefit that it kept the straps from cutting off the blood flow in my leg. Also the braces kept my knees warm for those long days.
But now I brought a set of Roach Freeride knee/shin guards and they're great. They dont slip much because of the wrap around straps.

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

KonaBoY

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 08:51:19 AM »

Konaboy,
yeah, those 661 pad,ocks rock. They really work, we were out riding for like 2 hours and they stayed where they were suppost to be till the end.

Im definitely getting them for next season, dont want to deal with scraped up knees anymore.  :wacko:  

Kevin

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 12:40:41 PM »

Yoh no sliding a full protection the Roach DH shin guards.   firrreeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KERS ONE  CTB  TPA   BUSHWICK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: