BBR Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:29:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodridge Lines * GRC Moto Levers  (Read 1317 times)
Huck Banzai old

Erostopheles
WWW Email
« on: December 12, 2004, 01:54:54 AM »

Well, I thought BBR needs to get some more reviews and such, articles for front page, who knows, so without further adue (?) -

Goodridge Brakelines (for Hayes Mag/G1 Caliper)

GRC Moto Brake levers (for Hayes Mag)

---

I have not had alot of time on many bikes or brake systems other than mine, but from short runs and feeling other bikes, have always seen all hydro brakes as somewhat equal - trading off one category for another and so went with hayes as they are also the most common!

My first season - 03 -  was spent on the stock lines with stock levers.  Stock levers bent easily, and also would pinch my fingers when pulled close to the bar.  Power was good but at 225lbs I needed more.  I added the lines and levers at them same time (making sure to put some loc-tite on the reach adjusters before spinning the barrel on) - and, put simply, I am amazed.

Overall power is obviously increased, modulation is superb - able to pull nosies with little practice at the end of every run.  My setup is a whole different beast now.  The lever shape and hook allows me to run them further in the handlber and I have had no problem with crushed fingers.

I may come back and add to this review as the setup has seen 5 total days (1 diablo, 4 Whistler) so durability etc is hard to judge.  Now if wavy rotors really run cooler and keep the brakes cleaner and therefore work even better - we'll just have to find out and throw a set on!

I give the lines and levers both A+; not cheap, but not cheap - if you get my drift.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 01:56:55 AM by Huckaroo Bonzai » Logged

I'm hungry, Are you gonna finish that?[/size]
xredhitx
dA mOD SquaD

idiotjuan
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 03:40:43 PM »

I agree with ya Huck...had those cables on my big hit last year and are a big difference for sure...gonna hookup my avids with them too....

xXx

pick up your teeth with broken fingers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: