BBR Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:53:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Top secret riding!  (Read 2297 times)
Reefer Southerland

Email
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »

Don't get that bike too wet!

http://WWW.PLATTEKILL.COM

Where did all the 24" s go?HuhHuh??
Fool

andrewdhr
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »

Rain, sleet, snow, hail, ice -- ain't no stoppin' the piff.

Rob, come through Cunningham some time. Was just out today for a session and everything is running nice.

Golly!
Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »

Ya we been at cunny bunch of times, there last in december.   I imagine they did alot of work since then.  Last time I there even the locals were having trouble getting right speed.  They were very experienced riders on 20" and 26" hardtails but no luck getting through anything.  I was on squishy bike but should bring the hardtail next time.   Cunny's whole problem is all the jumps on flat ground so you need to waste all your energy pedaling into everything.  If they would just use some of the downhills to flow you into the jumps it would work much better for everyone.  I know the city is partly to blame as they only want small jumps with no speed.  I want to to roll out of the gate, hit top speed with no pedaling and hit big gaps using my energy on the jumps not the momentum.  I guess I should just move out west like gid Wink, not finding that here in east.

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 09:36:35 AM »

Certainly has a lot to do with being a slob, and I'm not going to call myself any good at DJ, but if I can get speed, I can clear most jumps - I hate having to pedal hardcore into them just to short them because I'm not fit enough.

I can pump decent if I get the initial speed, but Im too fat, and its too flat....

This is a problem for me just about anywhere. I think Ill cut back on pizza and ride more.
Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy I hear ya, I have the opposite problem now.  Burning too many calories in winter time and not enough return.  The speed issues out there aren't that bad I just being critical so maybe they change a few things.  I really not having issues there it was the dozens of other locals talking about the run in.  I think the spot has tons of potential , we scoped out a bunch of lines that could solve the speed issue.  The question is will the city allow us to fly correctly?  Its like building up a mustang with a 2.0 engine, looks good but doesn't move right.

Fool

andrewdhr
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »

Ya we been at cunny bunch of times, there last in december.   I imagine they did alot of work since then.  Last time I there even the locals were having trouble getting right speed.  They were very experienced riders on 20" and 26" hardtails but no luck getting through anything.  I was on squishy bike but should bring the hardtail next time.   Cunny's whole problem is all the jumps on flat ground so you need to waste all your energy pedaling into everything.  If they would just use some of the downhills to flow you into the jumps it would work much better for everyone.  I know the city is partly to blame as they only want small jumps with no speed.  I want to to roll out of the gate, hit top speed with no pedaling and hit big gaps using my energy on the jumps not the momentum.  I guess I should just move out west like gid Wink, not finding that here in east.

Jetline is downhill. But yeah, I have my share of nosediving into the bottom of the landings at the table line. Be nice to stretch those out a little.

Golly!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: