BBR Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:44:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plattekill this weekend?  (Read 1708 times)
Reefer Southerland

Email
« on: October 01, 2010, 12:54:55 PM »

Anyone heading up this weekend?  I going to try to make it for sunday mudbogging.   Last time I was there I noticed that someone did alot of work to the old crack tooth aka broken tooth section.  Now it's super smooth and easy to make the drop and turn after it.  I really need to put together a before and after video of that section so people can see how gnarly that used to be.  It's alot of fun now but it doesn't give me the terrors anymore rolling into it.  The drop before it is getting bigger every season though.

http://WWW.PLATTEKILL.COM

Where did all the 24" s go?HuhHuh??
Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 09:19:45 AM »

Yah, the tooth lacks the scary bite it used to have, although I used to chuck it on my Chameleon back when I thought HT DH was a good idea!! (Back when it had gnarly death consequences -- Jimmy broke a rub and lacerated his liver when he landed and a huge shale chunk took out his front wheel...)

Working this weekend, Plattepalooza next weekend, Delta, BBR, racer cliques festival of goontasm!
Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:33:34 AM »

LOL  That takes some serious balls to hit the old tooth on a HT.  Something I can never say I've done.  I hit that drop soooo many times over the years and every time it made me nervous because I've seen soo many people wreck bad in there.  Now it's wide open and barely resembles the old line but it's still alot of fun, just no death consequences.  I should be up a couple days this weekend for the Plattepalooza.

here's Memlar crashing the old tooth in a race from 06, now he's racing the world cup circuit and doing very well.

http://WWW.PLATTEKILL.COM

Where did all the 24" s go?HuhHuh??
Fool

andrewdhr
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »

Toof! The first real drop I ever hit back a couple-few hundred years ago, my first day on a real DH bike. No one told me I shouldn't have hit it because I didn't know wtf I was doing.

Golly!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: