BBR Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:07:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: R.I.P Piff Pitt 11-21-10  (Read 2917 times)
Reefer Southerland

Email
« on: September 17, 2010, 10:54:44 AM »

PITT UPDATE  11-21-10

That's right we've seen the last days of riding at the piff pitt.  The parks department reclaimed this forgotten area as their new equiptment storage facility.  So far they knocked down about 60 large trees in the process and made the area look like a battle field.  Last week they tried knocking the jumps down by hand, then came back with the full sized bulldozer's.  Ya we had alot of huge stuff in there.  People used to walk by and commend us for cleaning up that area. The only people that had a problem with us riding in there was the batti boys and one or two peeps in the department. We had a good run for the last 4 years in there, was actually the second time that area was developed by us.  I think the final total was 35 jumps with 13- 20 foot doubles and 3 different 6 packs.  Not to mention the 5 huge step downs including the bush gap.  The bush gap was BK's largest feature and has claimed many victum's and bike parts over the years. Fool is the only rider besides myself that ever successfully landed the bush gap.  I definately got my moneys worth at the pitt but feel bad for the multitude of riders that were still trying to figure out how to get through our jumps.   Local people used to come with the big $6000 bikes and say they ride all over but still couldn't hit the jumps right here in they backyard.  Trust me we noticed who was progressing out there and who was just wanking out.  The one goal we had with those jumps was not having to struggle to get the right speed out of the gate like soo many of these other local jump spots.  I mean whats the point of building jumps with no run in.  If you go out west or down south the jumps have huge amounts of speed before you even hit the first set.  It's on to the next spot, progress was made, wanksters were discovered, and tons of fun was had.  Thanks to everyone that helped us with building.  Everyone that sat there doing nothing didn't progress at all and look more like dh enthusiasts at this point.  By next season we'll have a new setup for some people to hit and other to look at.LOLOLOLLOLLOL!  

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:02:00 PM by Reefer Southerland » Logged

http://WWW.PLATTEKILL.COM

Where did all the 24" s go?HuhHuh??
Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »

The good old days!

PITT BBQ  9-28-10

Good times!  Big thanks to Paul for snapping these great pics.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:55:23 PM by Reefer Southerland » Logged

Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »

We have already started a new network in other areas of the park.  Luckily most of the tools were not discovered by pd so we still in business.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:59:49 PM by Reefer Southerland » Logged

xredhitx
dA mOD SquaD

idiotjuan
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:05:25 AM »

Damn. Lots off work mowed down.

Yo Rob here's some shots from that first year we got the bush gap up. You where still on the Kona!! Got some shots of Pav, Vas and Don hittin up the rest too.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:55:33 AM by xredhitx » Logged

xXx

pick up your teeth with broken fingers
Fool

andrewdhr
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »

RIP Piff Pitt.  Sad

And thanks to Rob and crew for keeping it up and running for so long. Whenever I was jonsein' for some riding offseason, midweek, or had an hour to grab a couple of runs, it was great having the Pit close by.

Golly!
GLOBALWARMING1

SCOTTITWOHOTY
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »

R.I.P.

Homeboy

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »

RIP fo sho...Props to the individuals that made it happen though, that spot came up. Let me know whats good next year...

Brace yourself for impact
Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »

Yo big ups! we need to blaze a pitt memorial piff!  Its actually not as bad as we expected.  They took over the bottom of the hill which means we have to re-route a couple of the lines. Everything is still there and could go back up in a couple days.  We're trying to be patient but a a surprising amount of stuff is up already.  Looks like the pitt may see a part 3 this coming season!!!!!! 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: