BBR Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:04:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Bedroom hook up= free 26" atomlab wheelset  (Read 5431 times)
danbowhers

Email
« on: April 08, 2008, 06:43:38 AM »

A buddy of mine and me are looking to move to Brooklyn in the next month or so. Any hook ups on decent (Im not booj) apartments in safe areas with reasonable commutes to the city (yeah the usual bull shit) would be great. Budget is topped out around 1400...

If you hook it up I have a pair of Atomlab wheels, with tires that I will give you. Grattitude rules, so help a film nerd/musician out!
v-digit

vassili123
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:41:46 AM »

i'm sorry i dont have anything concrete.... but i was looking for places few months back.
look on craigslist, no fee, brooklyn, look around bushwick/bedstuy. all along J/M train there are plenty of nice size apartments for no fee in your price range. 1400$ is a chuck of money around this way.
i'm on Myrtle J train stop, and the neighborhood is fine and there is lots of good riding around.

danbowhers

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:19:03 PM »

excuse my ignorance, but how safe is bed stuy? The only reason I am asking is because my buddy who lives there seems to believe its shady...and he had a metal trash can thrown at him...Im not from around these parts and dont really know what im doing. I WANT TO BE IN BROOKLYN
v-digit

vassili123
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »

bedstuy is safe.
i've lived in crown heights - by far one of the shadiest parts of brooklyn, and if you dont act like a douche and stay friendly, you wont have any problems. it got to a point where i invited some kids from the block to my crib to burn trees and freestyle, it was dope.
i lived in crown heights, fort greene, bushwick and now bedstuy and i've never had a issue or a problem with anyone.
just keep your head up. if you see someone looking at you, look back at them.
the dumbest thing that i see "white" people, or any outsider do, is walk fast, keep your head down, dont look around, look nervous, cross the street to get away from trouble, not make eye contact.
if you make friendly eye contact, perhaps give a lil nod as a hello to the locals, you're golden. the worst thing that happend to me was that i was required to say wussup to about 30 people every time i saw them because i befriended them.
obviously it also depends on block to block - if you live across the street from the projects, the experience might be different.
overall its safe now - 10 years back, that would have been a different story.
no worries.
i live on Myrtle ave and Broadway, right by the J Myrtle stop. area is nice and cheap. i love it.

MeanMachine

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 03:57:59 PM »

I haven't rented in a while, but from what I know, $1400 is pretty decent budged for a 2 bedroom, so you don't need to look for the cheapest areas.

I'd suggest looking in Carrol Gardens, Park Slope and nearby areas.
Both are great areas, close to the city by bike (you can ride you bike to work over Brooklyn Bridge) and by train, and like I said, I think you can find a 2 br within your budget if you look around enough. Not the cheapest, but if you want to enjoy brooklyn, that's what I'd recommend.

And you don't need to follow Vas' mini "survival guide" if you live there.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
v-digit

vassili123
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »

I haven't rented in a while, but from what I know, $1400 is pretty decent budged for a 2 bedroom, so you don't need to look for the cheapest areas.

I'd suggest looking in Carrol Gardens, Park Slope and nearby areas.
Both are great areas, close to the city by bike (you can ride you bike to work over Brooklyn Bridge) and by train, and like I said, I think you can find a 2 br within your budget if you look around enough. Not the cheapest, but if you want to enjoy brooklyn, that's what I'd recommend.

And you don't need to follow Vas' mini "survival guide" if you live there.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
ha, i know, i got a lil crazy there for a second Smiley Smiley

seriously dude, brooklyn is fine. you dont want to live in park slope. in bushwick for 14 you'll find something really nice and good size.

KONKRETE

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 12:44:10 AM »

Try Greenpoint Brklyn. fair rents $'s G train, close to Queensboro bridge, and  Williamsburg Bridge.  Also near BMW. Sure you knew that... But i lived there and my girl lives there now and is renting a large 1 bedroom for around 1200.00 so 14 should get you something nice.

Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 04:16:43 AM »

15 years back living on Myrtle was funny compared to this modern ghetto renaissance of houses and hipsters.  Safe now but the metal was flying every day back then.  $1400 doesn't get too much for 2 bedrooms unless you have a landlord hook-up.  1bdrooms in the slope start at $1600 for a piece of shit in a homo neighborhood.  Fuck-a slope! Rapid Reality is shaddy teenager status appartments for anyone with weird credit or job situations. - (718) 369-1200 4th Ave btw 20th-21st. park slope.  Usually no fee with them.  Check the overall security of your appartment for windows and different ways people could get in.  Always be ready for block war also!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Check Redhook if you have a car, just don't mess with those germ infected bitches over there.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:22:56 AM by Reefer Southerland » Logged

http://WWW.PLATTEKILL.COM

Where did all the 24" s go?HuhHuh??
gideon

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »

what about living by cunny park in queens, djs outside ur door?
I think keith terra and darren (manmade) live there have some secret big bmx trails around those parts...

Go That Way, Really Fast — If Something Gets In Your Way, Turn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: