BBR Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:25:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackholm Rules!!!!!  (Read 1342 times)
Reefer Southerland

Email
« on: February 11, 2009, 03:02:38 AM »

Whistler is seriously for euro fags,  Blackholm is freeride paradise.  I spent one out of 7 days on whistler , and found new lines all over Blackholm every day. They have to ride MTB's on Whistler because everyone would die on Blackholm, pro's included!!!!!  Best lift access skiing in the world.

If you make it out there for ski season ask some locals to show you around Spanky's Ladder in the Blackholm Glacier ,then put your diaper on. Didn't see one snowboarder in Spanky's though.  I'll start going through my 500+ pics for the best ones.  Already booked trip back for July.  After all that I can still say that Plattekill has some of the best tree skiing in the world if the conditions are right.  My east coast skillz fit right in, in B.C. and the locals couldn't believe it was my first time skiing "OUT WEST".  I actually put a couple seasoned B.C. locals to shame on my first runs there. Good conditions and powder are alot easier to deal with than crud and ice.  Relax westcoasters, you can become a high level freerider on the east coast, then ride anywhere in the world with no problems.  I really lucked out and met one of the top freeriders in that area and got the grand tour on my first day.  He thought he was going to kill me in the backcountry but I ended up surprising both of us.  There's actually a hidden fort on Blackholm equipt with all sorts of party supplies, people piffin everywhere. 
BTW: They have great piff in BC , BUT NYC piff destroys everything I saw out there. GOT SATIVA?

http://WWW.PLATTEKILL.COM

Where did all the 24" s go?HuhHuh??
Stoked

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:39:53 AM »

blackcomb yo.  post up when you get sorted.

no dig no ride
Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:43:30 PM »

You can ride there in the summer but it's all non-patrolled, and unadvised unless you really know the place.  My local friend out there is also a top notch dh/xc rider and says he rides half way up blackholm(2500 feet).  Then stash the bike, and hike the rest of the way (another 2700 or so) with his skis to the glacier peak that always has snow, even in august.  Then ski down to his bike and ride back to the village.  There are soo many options out there it's mind boggling.  I also saw that infamous road gap Joey Blunts cased his first day out there,  pretty big but very doable.  I make it happen foshizzle this summer.

chaloots

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »

Definitely my favorite ski/ride destinations so far. Great riding and you can party all night. my bro -in-law and i cleaned spankys, the bagel bowl and pretty much everything else on a snowboard. that  cornice area is a lot of fun to launch  off of. we've been there a few times so you start to remember the terrain. Agreed on the their piff vs ours. it was cheaper and more convent. My first time out I brought my own supplies and barely made it through customs. The k-9 was tied up w/some other shaggy dood and i made a v line for the door. I was shitting a brick and literally shaking. On the way home a k-9 came over to me and sat down next to me. Not good. A thorough search of my belongings turned up nothing just the scent on my clothes. Shocked my boys got a kick out of that.

ride everything
Reefer Southerland

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »

Shocked Shocked  I will never fly with anything anymore.  We did a bunch of hikes from spanky's up that gnarly peak to the right of it.  The 2 t-bars on top bring you to some crazy shit also.  Lots of hiking but epic terror lines everywhere in there.  The biggest drop I hit was around 20ish but you could go bonkers if you wanted. Millions of 10 footers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: