BBR Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:14:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Giant Reign X frameset.  (Read 20554 times)
Rob_BK
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 01:27:40 AM »

The Giant website says 69 degree h/a but it also said 43inch wheelbase, and mine is 44".  It feels like 68 degrees to me.  The Kona was a medium, which was a little too tall standover and top tube for my 5'7" frame.  The Giant has much shorter standover and top tube, but longer chainstays.  Feels great on everything except slow speed manual's, but who cares about that.  I still haven't even touched the rear shock, lots of adjustment.
xredhitx
dA mOD SquaD

idiotjuan
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 04:23:13 AM »

Rob...Found these...Check out the Derailer Hangers

Was gona pickup a "hanger banger" as well.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:24:01 AM by xredhitx » Logged

xXx

pick up your teeth with broken fingers
Rob_BK
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »

Thanks for the link Juan,  looks like exactly what I need.  Still waiting to hear back from Giant, closed for the holidays.
Rob_BK
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 06:52:04 PM »

Giant actually has a great warranty department. They replced my derailer hanger & derailer and upgraded it to a X9.   I gave the bike a real workout today putting it in as many tech situations as possible in Prospect.  It feels great on everything, really pedals as good if not better than the Kona.  More stable on high speed landings also. B)  
Rob_BK
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 11:43:35 PM »

The linkage & rear triangle looks very suspiciously similar between the Ironhorse and Giant.  Same head angle and toptube.  Shock and pivot location are different.. :huh:  Shocked

DieselX

AM+Boarder+XXX
Email
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 11:51:07 PM »

Well they were competing to see which one you'd buy. Looks like IH will go outta business... it's all your fault Rob!

"The biggest risk is not taking one."

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: