BBR Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:40:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Highbridge Park Trail Work Sunday Nov 5th 9am-1pm  (Read 2669 times)
sick4surf

Email
« on: November 04, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »

Highbridge Park Trail Work Sunday Nov 5th 9am-1pm

(sorry for the late notice)

t's been 6 weeks since our last work day, and we need to roll up the sleeves and get back in there now that things are cooling off and leaves are falling. Meet at 9 am at Dyckman Rest- on the corner of Dyckman Street and Ft. George Hill next to the 1 train stop. We'll work until 1pm, and lunch will be provided by a sponsor TBA.

If you want to bring your bike, go ahead- we'll work on "bedding in" the trail after lunch. Nothing compacts trail tread better than actual mountain bike tires!  

As always, wear long sleeves and pants plus sturdy shoes. Bring work gloves if you have them- we have light gloves for those who don't.

All tools will be provided.

Mike Vitti

xredhitx
dA mOD SquaD

idiotjuan
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 06:24:01 PM »

Wish i saw this sooner...im a week late...Need lmore of a heads up next time.....Dont think i can do Fri either...Weekdays are even tougher for me than weekends

xXx

pick up your teeth with broken fingers
Jbogner

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:22:27 PM »

Mike's got the Green Apple Corps guys in there on the next couple Fridays, but it's always nice to have some bikers in the mix who know what trails should look like, so if anyone's off on Fridays, get in touch. I can't make the weekdays either due to work. We'll do a big ride/work day after Thanksgiving-  prob Dec. 2 or 3- to polish off the freeride trail and to start "bedding it in."  Wink

New York City Mountain Bike Association
http://www.NYCMTB.com
Rob_BK
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:26:52 AM »

I needs to get up there and check the progress. Juan tells me there's some big new stunts going up.    One of these weekends I'll round up some local diggers from BK and stop by.  
Jbogner

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 09:31:46 AM »

Hey Rob- please don't build anything up there without us, but if you want to head up and check it out and build, let me know, and we'll arrange to make it official and meet you up there. I'm thinking we'll do a build-ride day on Sunday Dec 3. Gotta get in there before the ground freezes up...

New York City Mountain Bike Association
http://www.NYCMTB.com
Rob_BK
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 03:19:17 AM »

Foshizzle.. I know IMBA needs to approve everything so I won't make any bush gaps up there.  I should be in town that weekend, hopefully we can make it up there to check it and help out.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: