BBR Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:58:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo Freeride Park.  (Read 3686 times)
KonaBoY

WWW Email
« on: January 02, 2005, 08:29:53 AM »

I'm bored out of my mind, so I will kill time for now (Its funny, how it returns the favor).

Mountain Creek, first thing that I want to say is that they are great. Guys and girl(s) that work there are really cool, always trying to help you out in any way possible. The time they put into all the great stuff that is on the mountain is greatly appreciated. Trails are great! All the ladders, kickers, hips, berms and breath taking Dominion jumps and everything in-between. The crew is trying their best to get everything for us to talk about and keep on coming back.

The '04 season was a blast. I got into Downhill and Diablo is responsible for a lot of progress that I made. We went out there at least every 2 weeks and every time was unforgettable. They made us come back there over and over again, they just kept on adding on to an already great Freeride park, like Upper and Lower Dominions.

Events that they got going there are pretty major. U.S Open at Mountain Creek is wild. They give away $10,000-$15,000 in prizes. Be it cash or bike parts, which are not really cheap, its a lot of prizes to give away. The Halloween Dominion competition was a lot of fun as well. So many people came out and ripped it, this time  was giving away season passes.

The trails there are for any kind of bikers. You can bring your HT and still rip almost all of them. People come out with their XC bikes and do a lot of riding there.

It's a little rocky. It has a lot of rock gardens. If you own a FS bike, it is a ride in a park. You joints hurt a little after numerous runs, it goes away by the time you get in the car.

The walk-in lifts are fast, safe and you can get 3 bikes and bikers in at the same time. The line moves fast so from the moment you get down to the bottom, you will be back up on top in 2-5 minutes. Lift ticket is $25 and it's well worth it.

Directions: http://mcecom.intrawest.com/directions.html
Site itself(MTB section): http://mcecom.intrawest.com/mountain_biking.html

There can always be some improvements done to anything, but Diablo is just beyond a great mountain. Diablo gets a 10 out of 10 if you ask me, they will be bigger than ever next year. So get out there and ride, you will love it.

I think this sums it up. Since I'm not a writer and don't do any official ratings, you can ask anybody that has been there and I'm sure that everyone will say that its a great park to ride. I will add on and correct my mistakes in the morning, I don't really understand what I'm writing right now.  

Sneaky Motherlandian bastard![/size]
EVILFRENCHY

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 02:26:59 PM »

as far as i m concerned plattekill is the way to go... a lot more challenging,and its not in new jersey!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 02:27:33 PM by EVILFRENCHY » Logged
KonaBoY

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 04:21:24 AM »

Those are two completely different mountains and I like them both. Plattekill is different, some people like Diablo better, some like Plattekill. Plattekill is steep, fast, a lot of loose rocks and roots, plus its wet almost all the time. Diablo is not as steep, and has boulders instead of small loose rocks. With rock gardens on many trails.

The drive to Plattekill is 3 hours and drive to Diablo is less than 1 1/2.  

Sneaky Motherlandian bastard![/size]
bmwmike

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 08:48:20 AM »

They are both great places to ride at... its just whether u feel like driving or not... also the big difference is that plattekill trails are longer then mountaincreek trails. but they are both fuN!
D.Beinc
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 12:50:06 AM »

Does anyone know if there are trails in Charlestown State Park designated for MTB?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: