BBR Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:49:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flame wars!!!  (Read 12096 times)
iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« on: September 23, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »

Im sure most have seen the thread or replied to it in some fashion about a fellow rider looking for "Gerald". Well for what ever reason Im being dragged into the middle of this no reason. I dont think its not right I should be responsible other people's actions or words. The things said in that thread is causing a lot of distress everybody named in that thread or people not named(meaning me!). I spoke with Anthony of Bayridge Bikes, and he his tired of all the comments made about his family's store and his mother Patrice, frankly I feel the same.
   I think folks misconstrued the purpose of a forum, it should be a place were you discuss ideas of your current hobby and not to make personal attacks on people. If you feel so adamant about anybody then you should talk to that person directly. Don't use forums as a complaint box, there are more methods that can work efficiently instead of hiding behind an online alias. For example if you have gripe about shop, call the shop and say "Hey Im problem with this or that.." and hopefully it can be solved directly without the flame wars online or off.
   In all we should have a level of respect for each other. Not saying you aren't allowed to express your opinions, but consider who its effecting. Personally I don't like getting or making phone calls, because of what was said in a forum I don't have control over(i.e. Hcor.net) or even of one I do (i.e. Brooklynbikeriders.com). The feud of who's shop is better is a dead issue in my book, and I hate being dragged into the middle of things. I hope you guys can understand where Im coming from, Im just trying to run a site of a sport I enjoy and been in since I was 13. That's 20 years of love, even I don't succeed as a rider, I just want to pay heritage to it not moderate FLAME WARS!!!

Thanks for reading,
Iggy, Im just a guy with an URL and an email address...

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 04:55:59 PM »

I forgot to mention I will permently ban people for whoever brings up a topic like this on the BBR forums... and thats no joke!!!

Now please resume your regularly scheduled riding!!!

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

Dirtbag
dA mOD SquaD

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 07:28:26 PM »

don't remember the thread...

Not even hatin on Bay Ridge (although I learned things that made me think otherwise a while ago), just going to the same mechanic... that's all

Everyone thinks that Gerald is the most knowledgeable and reliable, no need to flame to know that; there must be a reason if everyone is going there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 07:39:16 PM by Dirtbag » Logged

"Nique[/size] La Police"[/size]

"I'm Bourvil, byatch!"
bikefiend

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 07:34:13 PM »

That stuff is the past dude, how do they know if it's us anyway, not like we mention our names saying this and that. I didn't have anything bad to say, just commented on the MECHANIC. Smiley  
iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 08:16:08 PM »

I guess it doesnt matter who says what, the shit flys my way. For most people see things this way:
Racer's Edge > Brooklyn Bike Riders > Iggy

Not sure I get in to this since I was in hospital, and never made a response to thread. I didnt know about till I was told about it, and thought "wow, not this again..."

Eitherway, I'm not pointing fingers, Im just saying that it needs to stop, since the topic is getting tired. That's all.

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

DieselX

AM+Boarder+XXX
Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 12:39:14 PM »

Whooh, glad I didn't post in that thread.

"The biggest risk is not taking one."

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
iamcameraman

Dirtrock01
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 02:00:41 PM »

I didnt even get to read it Sad  

codynyc74

mywifeishotyoursnot@msn.com codynyc74 codynyc1974
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 04:26:29 PM »

you didnt miss anything

schoolin assholes since 74
KonaBoY

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 08:12:24 PM »

Oh well, Patrice knows how to push buttons.

I dont know how you are in this. You had absolutely NOTHING to do with it, its not like you can control me (and 15 other people) saying something on this or over at other forums.

Issue is still valid, I cant see why it cant be resolved. I would love to go to her shop and say everything to her face. Will that make a difference? NO! But my name will be shitted upon by people that dont know me. Although why do I care? I will go there tomorrow.

For a note, this is not a complaint either.  

Sneaky Motherlandian bastard![/size]
iamcameraman

Dirtrock01
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 08:47:34 PM »

you didnt miss anything
pfffff....now i really want to see what all the fuss is about. link? anyone? or was it deleted?

iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 10:23:32 AM »

I dont know how you are in this. You had absolutely NOTHING to do with it, its not like you can control me (and 15 other people) saying something on this or over at other forums.
You're right I had nothing to do with, I have spoken to both shops who are being deeply effected by this last and past topics/thread. Like I said for me, its a dead issue, but Im easy target since I run a site in Brooklyn and feel I involved in the flaming. You're also right I can't control what you or what anybody has to says any other forum, except this one by the power of "edit" or "delete" function.

TS>I believe the thread is still up on Hcor, if you want to read it for reference...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 10:25:02 AM by iggy » Logged

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

8it

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 09:46:52 AM »

I don't know what the big deal is! Its a bike riding site and the thread was bike related. People are intitled to there opinions and a forum is the perfect place to express those opinions.
fo·rum: A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

Iggy, you aren't responsible for the opinion's of those who post in your site and you should let anyone with a problem be aware of that fact. You are there to moderate and make sure threads are bike related and people don't use inappropiate language. I don't see why you would ban a totally valid  and useful topic because of pressure from people completely unrelated to the site, and moreover threaten a life time ban from the forum.
What's next people can't say that this component or that piece of riding equipment is any good cause that will upset someone. Can we only post positive reviews of stuff we use and people we deal with? Is the new rule of the forum, "If you can say something nice than don't say anything at all".
Iggy, its your site and your rules but Jesus Christ it should be YOUR site and YOUR rules.  

"Carry a cane to keep 'em sane... cuz crazy-ass Ho's don't make no dough!"
v-digit

vassili123
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 10:10:22 AM »

100% truth, 8it. i guess truth hurts sometimes.  

Qualude

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 10:33:02 AM »

Agreed.  These forums are the easiest way for all of us to have our voices and opinions heard, and the easiest way for us to hear others opinions and voices.  I do not think that the thread in question had de-evolved into a "flame war" by any means.  There will always be a few who will spout off, but for most of us, we can read others thoughts on a topic of discussion, and take their experiences into account, in a way to broaden our thoughts on certain topics.  As the owner and operator of this site, you do a great job Iggy, but "censorship by way of force" of topics that are of interest to the cycling community does no one any good.  As 8it put it, it is YOUR site, and YOUR rules. If nothing else comes of it, maybe some of the complaints will be taken to heart by all of the businesses involved, and we will all have better experiences in these bike shops because of it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 10:33:37 AM by Qualude » Logged

iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 12:12:58 PM »

I see you point 8it and agree, but like I said Im just being tossed in the middle of this. I dont have a problem with anybody on here or anywhere, you can believe what you want and how you want to do it, because Im no judge. Im just serparate myself from the sititution and trying not to have it come here. The censorship part just come from people I have spoken outside of the forum to about the forum and they felt uncomfortable coming on. II guess I want this place where evertbody can feel comfortable talking about whatever... If Im guilty of being a prude then "hey, what can I say?"

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

xredhitx
dA mOD SquaD

idiotjuan
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 02:38:59 PM »

I hate you all anyway...specially 8IT you motorboating son of a bitch!!

xXx

pick up your teeth with broken fingers
iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 03:12:45 PM »

the big question is it built for speed or was it made for comfort?Huh

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

8it

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 04:16:22 PM »

brrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  :lol:  :lol:
motorboating SOB!!!

No d*ck, We are in the milkyway!
 :lol:  :lol:  

"Carry a cane to keep 'em sane... cuz crazy-ass Ho's don't make no dough!"
xredhitx
dA mOD SquaD

idiotjuan
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 07:01:40 PM »

Make rooooooooom for Brooooklyn YO!!!!!

xXx

pick up your teeth with broken fingers
Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 10:56:46 AM »

Hello!

Hi!

Welcome to the Jungle!

YOU'RE GONNA DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 11:40:31 PM »

POOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 09:21:52 PM »

This was the gayest thread ever.

Anywhere.

You have now witnessed censorship.

Hopefully it makes you think.

F ....

F .......

F ....... ... .......... ........ ...

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »

Reiterate

defecate.

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »

I miss Kelvin, Frenchy, Dirtbag and Mr. Mullet!!
Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 02:36:50 AM »

FLAME FEKKIN FLAME FEK THE PEOPEL WHO GOT FLAMED THEY DESERVE TO BE FLAMED CUZ THEY'RE FLAMING FLAMES OF FLAME

GET THA FLAME FLAMERS!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: