BBR Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:05:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 4-24 BK DJs  (Read 10142 times)
iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« on: April 20, 2005, 09:02:55 PM »

Some of the fellas are coming to BK, to do some trail maintance and jumping. Meet at Pennsylvania Av station, on the 3 line @ 11am-12pm. Prepare to get dirty!!!

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

chaloots

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 04:34:10 PM »

crickets in here to huh iggy? i want to come check the spot out sometime soon but for now we have our hands full in SI.

ride everything
Qualude

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 04:49:17 PM »

Where in BK are these things Iggy?

chaloots

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 07:34:44 PM »

here the deal when you get to pennsylvania ave station there is a pay phone w/a bbr sticker on it on the noth east corner. call iggys cell from there when that number appears on his caller id and only then will you get the rest of the directions.

we have a similar deal for SI :ph34r:  

ride everything
Qualude

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 08:30:33 PM »

here the deal when you get to pennsylvania ave station there is a pay phone w/a bbr sticker on it on the noth east corner. call iggys cell from there when that number appears on his caller id and only then will you get the rest of the directions.

Nice one C.....
Just wondering about the 'hood.

Kevin

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 08:45:37 AM »

What day sat or sun  helping Mother in law move saturday.

KERS ONE  CTB  TPA   BUSHWICK
Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 09:52:28 AM »

good luck in the rain and mud! Maybe u should try fri/4/22

v-digit

vassili123
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 09:56:53 AM »

hey, whats up with that negative attitude? are u an extreme MTBer or a beach cruisererer? hmmmmm? hmmmm?

mud and rain? i guess u better leave that snow white skirt at home, so no mud craps it up....

:angry:  ^_^  

chaloots

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 10:02:18 AM »

if the ground is damp it will work to your advantage (a downpour would be another story though) you may not really be able to ride but shaping and packing jumps will be easier.

ride everything
iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 10:08:19 AM »

Cool idea Chaloots, we have to do for every ride. Cloak and Daggers Style!!!

$-24 is Sunday, the weather does seem like crap on saturday, but Anson wanted to dig for Sunday. I havent build in a long time, Im wondering if wet/damp dirt is easier to work it instead of dry dirt. Im hoping I can making it, but Im still painting my frameand might have to use Sunday as I build day, so if anything I will be there later on to help with what I can.

If does rain bad, maybe we should come up with some alternate plans. I have no clue since I havent really ridden in a while...

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

gideon

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 10:15:49 AM »

i've you've got the stomach for it, digging and repairing is best done in the rain/after rain muck

nice analogy DJ and Beach Cruising

Go That Way, Really Fast — If Something Gets In Your Way, Turn
Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 10:24:15 AM »

hey, whats up with that negative attitude? are u an extreme MTBer or a beach cruisererer? hmmmmm? hmmmm?

mud and rain? i guess u better leave that snow white skirt at home, so no mud craps it up....

:angry:  ^_^
I am by no means an 'extreme' anything - way too gay.  Although I didnt see ANY of you guys out riding with me when it was 20-30 and snowing??!  Tongue

- Lets see how you feel when its time to hit up Vanny or PKill in the POURING rain.... we'll see who's extreme then Mr. Free Sherman Jumper Skatepark Man! (Gimme)  :wub:

Send me pictures of people working in the rain or I wont believe it - 9 out of 10 people pass on ANY doing work on a spot when its dry! (and of course still expect to ride it.) Iggy knows this - and Gideon MUST know this as he digs alot.  :ph34r:

EDIT: Weather report had said rain all day sunday with rain late on Sat - now says clear. Altho we need the rain so NY doesnt burst into flames, I would prefer if it jusr sprinkled and made it 'damp' like Chaloots said - packing the dirt will be GOOD! - Ohh.. have to drop by the 'zone' and pack in the gapper and the log ride ramp.... ooh - I can pack the trannies down a bit too (v. Loose - ask Juanjo the psychotic dude you cant leave alone near anything you can jump off of - right Russ  Iggy? - DANGER!!)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 10:40:58 AM by Huck Banzai » Logged
Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 10:33:09 AM »

:ph34r:  lol  :ph34r:

Covert and sneaky is fun.. make sure they also use the password to make sure Iggy hasnt been forced to call against his will, or has his cell stolen........

:unsure:  
gideon

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 10:36:13 AM »

Setting the record straight,
I don't want to fight anyone.
I (and the other people who've been working in SI, who are , em, not as vocal)
were more dissappointed than anything that a few didn't show up.

We are/have been starting up something cool and wanted others to be involved, and to repeat myself, if they knew what they were missing...

We should all focus at least some of our efforts to supporting ALL the spots and all the people who are contributing.

Iggy, you are talking about the Starrett area I assume (have never been there)

G

Go That Way, Really Fast — If Something Gets In Your Way, Turn
v-digit

vassili123
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 10:46:48 AM »

so huck, u still didnt answer, is the skirt stayin home or what?

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 10:48:34 AM »

Setting the record straight,
I don't want to fight anyone.
I (and the other people who've been working in SI, who are , em, not as vocal)
were more dissappointed than anything that a few didn't show up.

We are/have been starting up something cool and wanted others to be involved, and to repeat myself, if they knew what they were missing...

We should all focus at least some of our efforts to supporting ALL the spots and all the people who are contributing.

Iggy, you are talking about the Starrett area I assume (have never been there)

G
ABSOLUTELY!

Digging is good for me, because I could use the upper body workout after this past year - legs are gettig v strong from 20+ miles a day - and trying to push it. Just no digging in the rain when its 55 deg... (for me, no me gusta, y tambien 'my achin back'

--

Another uptown project (Because it takes me 1+ hours to get to SI or BK by geralds - the jumps by GWB - should be reabuildable soon - if noone is working on em, I will speak to Ilya and see if we cant get em goin again! - some cool lines although not too many jumps.... sick zone with a nice drop in for speed - I know many have been there from BBR.

--

BTW - Whatever happened to Lucks Fun Zone? Still in progress? Get ripped out?

Anyone have any Ideas on a reasonably compact saw to cut up downed trees and such with? I'm thinking one of those bow saws that the parks dept uses?

I've got good structural caropentry and trail building experience, but I need to learn more about shaping and backfilling jumps/trannies.

Haha on the beating people up - u must have been reading my post before I edited it... Just playin - everyone here can beat me up easy, so u kno!  Smiley  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 10:52:33 AM by Huck Banzai » Logged
Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 10:54:50 AM »

so huck, u still didnt answer, is the skirt stayin home or what?
If it rains and I dont see you there - I will be confiscating your new Sherman when I come to drop of your lederhosen.

Ive got a bruised foot and tendonitis in my left wrist - but I been out, where you been Spliff-Star? Takin over my old job of puffin mad la and catchin Zzzzzz.....

v-digit

vassili123
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 10:59:52 AM »

hey, i'm just talkin sh!t Wink and i dont do that bad stuff anymore, its bad!

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 11:03:33 AM »

Of course u are - talkin shyte is good! Fun too!

On that note, I will be bringing the white dress as well when i drop off the lederhosen if I dont see it raining and  a shovel in yer hand!

AND, I have wicked sweet gas which I will share.............

v-digit

vassili123
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2005, 11:29:57 AM »

On that note, I will be bringing the white dress as well when i drop off the lederhosen if I dont see it raining and  a shovel in yer hand!

wish you could share some your your wicked sweet skills with me... oh, sh!t...... thats right..... u aint gots none!!!! phooey!

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2005, 11:38:54 AM »

wish you could share some your your wicked sweet skills with me... oh, sh!t...... thats right..... u aint gots none!!!! phooey!
U show me yours, I'll humilite y.. I mean: I'll show u mine.

:wub:  :blink:  Smiley  :lol:  Tongue  
iggy
Administrator

deejaysoul deejaysoul
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005, 12:57:20 PM »

Yeah I was talking Starrett , I only been there a hand full of times. Actaully Anson wanted me to post up the info about that build day there, and im sure if I can make it there or anywhere till my bike is build. I have to admit I havent build anything other than Hucka's spot since Bethpage in December. I have late hours at work which prevent from really planning on anything major. Im hoping to check out all the spots once I have some free time and even lend a hand if I can. Im all about helping and even riding if I not too tired from digging. I wish I had some of the gusto you guys have some times. Either way lets do what we can to get these spots going, so once the nice weather happens we all can make our rounds to each one with the digging and more importantly RIDING...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 01:20:09 PM by iggy » Logged

~~~            __o
 ~~~         _ <_
~~          (_)/(_)

Johnny Knoxville

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 01:01:46 PM »

Dude your painting your bike again?

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2005, 01:17:37 PM »

Dude your painting your bike again?
LOL.. he painted it.. cant wait to see it done.

I like Iggys message - good sentiment.

When you contribute, there are more, better spots to ride at.  I really dont like it when people dont contribute and expect to ride - then its worse when they wind up casing and demolishing something they didnt build.

Come on guys, good for the soul, good for comradery, good for yer back!!

Should there be a trail building/maintenance forum in addition or to replace trail reciews?? It would cover both topics, and trail reviews gets little use.

MeanMachine

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2005, 02:10:58 PM »

Should there be a trail building/maintenance forum in addition or to replace trail reciews?? It would cover both topics, and trail reviews gets little use.

GOOD IDEA.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: