BBR Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avid Rollamajig  (Read 2094 times)
iamcameraman

Dirtrock01
« on: March 10, 2005, 07:52:30 PM »

I bought on jenson for $8 bucks and it was well worth the money. I had a HUGE cable loop feeding my derailer that did get snagged a couple of times...the rollamajig not only got rid of it, it also got rid of the rough shifting I used to experiance.  this little thing is well worth looking into to provide a cheap fix to rough shifts and getting rid of those large and ugly cable loops. all thats left is to see if it lasts the season.

yes, the cable has a snaped wire, but thats my fault.

close up.

Huck Banzai

Huck+Banzai
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 01:00:30 AM »

Change your cable - thatr sucker is unraveling, and there is a frayed  point stickin oout! Oh and a nice ferrule for the end entering the majig...

I have had my original roll a majig for about 8-10 years - not sure, but its still perfect (the old aluminum one) - I have the new one like that on my bullit and it owned 03 - sat out 04 except for 4 days at the lift assisted playgrounds....

Tip - I used RIDE-ON cable with it back in the heavy XC days - while the combo makes for RIDICULOUS smooth and effortless shifting, the exposure of the cable at the R-A-Majig eventually causes it to bind.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 01:01:14 AM by Huck Banzai » Logged
iamcameraman

Dirtrock01
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 01:05:02 AM »

lol, the cable is frayed right on the outside of the spinner and its only one wire...i will replace soon, though, it its not causing any problems and I really dont care. :rolleyes:  

Andre

Roostin'

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 02:24:11 AM »

out of the loop

I've been using the Rollamajig for years.
Recently I put one on a bike that was constantly ghost shifting no matter what I did, but now it's shifting perfectly (Thanks to the Avid).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 02:25:11 AM by Reidling » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: