Flame wars!!!

(1/5) > >>

iggy:
Im sure most have seen the thread or replied to it in some fashion about a fellow rider looking for "Gerald". Well for what ever reason Im being dragged into the middle of this no reason. I dont think its not right I should be responsible other people's actions or words. The things said in that thread is causing a lot of distress everybody named in that thread or people not named(meaning me!). I spoke with Anthony of Bayridge Bikes, and he his tired of all the comments made about his family's store and his mother Patrice, frankly I feel the same.
   I think folks misconstrued the purpose of a forum, it should be a place were you discuss ideas of your current hobby and not to make personal attacks on people. If you feel so adamant about anybody then you should talk to that person directly. Don't use forums as a complaint box, there are more methods that can work efficiently instead of hiding behind an online alias. For example if you have gripe about shop, call the shop and say "Hey Im problem with this or that.." and hopefully it can be solved directly without the flame wars online or off.
   In all we should have a level of respect for each other. Not saying you aren't allowed to express your opinions, but consider who its effecting. Personally I don't like getting or making phone calls, because of what was said in a forum I don't have control over(i.e. Hcor.net) or even of one I do (i.e. Brooklynbikeriders.com). The feud of who's shop is better is a dead issue in my book, and I hate being dragged into the middle of things. I hope you guys can understand where Im coming from, Im just trying to run a site of a sport I enjoy and been in since I was 13. That's 20 years of love, even I don't succeed as a rider, I just want to pay heritage to it not moderate FLAME WARS!!!

Thanks for reading,
Iggy, Im just a guy with an URL and an email address...

iggy:
I forgot to mention I will permently ban people for whoever brings up a topic like this on the BBR forums... and thats no joke!!!

Now please resume your regularly scheduled riding!!!

Dirtbag:
don't remember the thread...

Not even hatin on Bay Ridge (although I learned things that made me think otherwise a while ago), just going to the same mechanic... that's all

Everyone thinks that Gerald is the most knowledgeable and reliable, no need to flame to know that; there must be a reason if everyone is going there.

bikefiend:
That stuff is the past dude, how do they know if it's us anyway, not like we mention our names saying this and that. I didn't have anything bad to say, just commented on the MECHANIC. :)  

iggy:
I guess it doesnt matter who says what, the shit flys my way. For most people see things this way:
Racer's Edge > Brooklyn Bike Riders > Iggy

Not sure I get in to this since I was in hospital, and never made a response to thread. I didnt know about till I was told about it, and thought "wow, not this again..."

Eitherway, I'm not pointing fingers, Im just saying that it needs to stop, since the topic is getting tired. That's all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page